Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Guns & Crimes (survey)

I and my classmate deicided to make a survey; five of us did the survey that is about guns and crimes. We made eleven questions about these two topics, and each of us asked eight people, and we wanted the answers of these questions from American students to know about their country. I went to the students' center to share the survey for eight American students; I chose the food area to share these questions because this is a good place to talk with people. I was looking for their opinions and their impressions about guns and crimes in the United States. The most questions that I wanted to know from their answer was the state that has the highest percentage of gun ownership, which was in this survey, Texas, and I wasn't surprised abut that because it is very dangerous state in America. In fact these people who answered the questions were very nice and very friendly to me and one of them had a survey about international food, and he chose me as a volunteer to answer his questions and I did.

In my opinion, guns are related to crimes, and these are very dangerous for our life. I chose these two topics to make a survey because there is a stereotype that says all Americans have guns but this is not true, as the survey showed to us, even if we asked only a few people. From the results I noticed that there are a big number of people who said they don't have a gun, but they said they have friends and members of their family who have guns. I agree with most people who said more guns will not reduce crimes, and we asked this question because there is an article that says the opposite idea about that. I was looking for the state that has a big number of gun ownership and I was feeling about Texas as most people said. Finally, I hope that crimes will be reduced in the future to have a safe life.

By:Majd

No comments: